S.C.I.P. Program Registration
Roland Guignard, WSIB Community Program Coordinator
Phone: (519) 663-2432 or (800) 265-4752 ext 2432
Fax: (519) 663-2333
Gerald Robinson, OSSA Client Development Manager
Phone: (905) 265-1283
Client Services Line: (888) 478-6772
Fax: (905) 265-1284
Attend a 16 hour training session (Owner or Senior Manager*) which consists of four 4-hour sessions. Your firm will receive a 5% WSIB rebate.
Terms and Conditions of Participation
- The SCIP participant is the owner or senior manager* of the company (see definition).
- Our firm is a schedule 1 employer paying less than $90,000.00 in annual WSIB premiums.
- Our WSIB account is in good standing (payroll remittances are up-to-date).
- Our firm is not part of the WSIB Safety Groups Program nor a past SCIP participant.
- We are registering the owner/senior manager* of our company to:
- attend and complete the 5 Steps to Managing Health & Safety training course.
- submit a copy of our Health & Safety Policy (must meet set criteria)
- submit a copy of our Roles & Responsibilities for Employer, Supervisor and worker (must meet set criteria), and
- submit a copy of the self-evaluation and action plan.
These above items will be in your provided training manual.
*Definition of senior manager: The key decision-maker within the company who is responsible for approving the allocation of resources on behalf of the company (people, equipment, training, and materials)
Register for N/C training and 5% WSIB rebate
5% Rebate on WSIB Rates
HELP MAKE YOUR COMMUNITY THE SAFEST PLACE TO LIVE, LEARN, WORK, AND PLAY
Improve your business through Health & Safety and gain a 5% rebate on your WSIB insurance premiums.
Through SCIP (Safe Communites Incentive Program) you can receive a 5% rebate on your WSIB insurance premiums.
The SCIP program has been designed to help reduce workplace injuries and can reduce WSIB costs for Small Business.
How Does SCIP Work?
- Complete 16 hours of SWAP (Safe Workplace Awareness Program) training. Please note: The owner or manager must be one of the people attending the SWAP training.
- Participate in a sef-evaluation of your Health & Safety Management System.
- Develop a Health & Safety Policy and define roles and responsibilites of employers, supervisors and workers
- What is SCIP?
- 5 steps to managing Health and Safety
- Elements of a Health and Safety program
- How does the evaluation process work?
- What is a Health and Safety Policy?
- Who needs a Health and Safety Policy?
- What are Health and Safety Goals?
- Why are goals necessary?
- What should owners do?
- What should supervisors do?
- What should workers do?
- What does JHSC/H&S rep do?
- What are hazards?
- How are hazards recognized?
- What is hazard assessment?
- What control measures are used for preventing accidents?
- What control methods are used for immediate response?
- What is Return-to-Work?
- Who needs a RTW Program?
- What does it consist of?
- Where can I get help with it?
“Those in our group that had the opportunity to attend found the course to be very educational and an eye-opener to Health & Safety issues and guidelines. The course also provided our members with a better understanding of Health & Safety and the important role this plays in the operation of day to day business.” ~ Dave Santing (Santing Ok-Tire)