Benefits of OTDA Membership
Being a member of the Ontario Tire Dealers Association can provide you with many benefits, from industry advocacy to training to discounts.
Why are YOU a Member?
Objectives of OTDA
Additional Benefits to OTDA Membership
OTDA Benefits: Why are YOU a Member?
"Your Strength is in Our Numbers"
The OTDA is recognized by industry and government as the representative body of the Independent Tire Dealers of Ontario.
So... why are you a member?
Top Ten Reasons:
- Directors of the OTDA are lobbyists to government and bureaucrats
- Health and Safety Manual and WHMIS training geared to Tire Dealer needs
- Special Visa and MC discount rates and fuel discounts
- Trade show discounts on one piece of equipment could pay for your membership!
- The quarterly newsletter provides a forum on industry issues
- TIA membership and training programs at special rates
- General insurance and group benefits programs
- Discounts on travel, car rentals, uniform rentals and more
- Representation on OSSA and OTS boards
- Informative website
OBJECTIVES OF OTDA
- To acquaint the buying public with the true value of the tire dealer in the community
- To promote standards of ethics of its members and the tire industry
- To encourage the exchange of ideas, and technical knowledge in retailing and wholesaling procedures
- To improve the quality and standards of the new tire and retread industry
- To promote cooperation between members and people in local, provincial and national regulating bodies regarding issues affecting the tire and retread industry
Additional Benefits to OTDA Membership
The membership allows you to attend National and Regional Conventions, with informative and inspirational seminars and also to attend Trade Shows sponsored by our association.
ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
Your membership provides the opportunity for dealers to network with their peers from around the province and new industry suppliers.
TIRE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
OTDA has taken a lead role in the development of an “environmentally friendly and economically viable scrap tire management program” and has a strong collective voice in Regional, Provincial and Federal issues such as scrap tires and right to repair.
VISA, MASTER CARD & FUEL
Members get special Visa, Master Card rates and Fuel discounts.
Membership in OTDA gives you automatic membership in Tire Dealers Association of Canada and special membership rate for Tire Industry Association.
Members can proudly display “member” decal to notify clients that they are part of a recognized professional association.
INSURANCE & BENEFITS
Discounts and benefits offered to the association include special rates, travel, car rental, etc. Our recommended insurer, Federated insurance, specializes in our industry and offers property & casualty insurance for your dealership, life insurance for you and your key employees, group insurance for as many or few employees as you have, all with expert claims and loss prevention service that save you time and money.
OTDA works in cooperation with Tire Industry Association to conduct Automotive Tire Service and Commercial Tire Service certified courses. Tire Pressure Monitoring System and other specialty courses are also part of the OTDA membership program.
HEALTH & SAFETY
A Health & Safety manual & WHMIS training program is geared to Tire Dealer’s needs.
The quarterly newsletter Trends provides a forum to inform the members of issues of concern in the industry and positions taken on behalf of the members.
The OTDA produces a membership directory allowing members to connect with Ontario’s tire professionals.
The Association fiercely defends the rights of Independent Business in Ontario.
Buying power is a key component of the OTDA and this power is illustrated in many of the value added member benefits provided.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
OTDA has a knowledgeable Board of Directors committed to the betterment of the industry. Directors of the OTDA act as lobbyists or spokespeople on behalf of the industry to government and bureaucrats. Exhaustive discussion always precedes the actions of the Board of Directors.